Keto Parmesan Crackers – easy five ingredients recipe
Oh my good. I think these Keto Parmesan crackers are the best snack that I have ever yet created! and could you believe that they are made from five ingredients only? Please don’t hesitate and make them! I promise you will not regret listening to me 🙂
The idea for this recipe
The idea for this recipe came up while brainstorming for dishes to serve for good friends that I invited for dinner. They both have very high standards when it comes to food and no limitations like gluten or sugar. I wanted to stay loyal to my healthy, low-carb cooking and also to make food that would be delicious for them, not falling short of their standards. Obviously, I was facing a challenge. I opened my fridge and noticed the amazing Parmesan cheese that I brought with me from Italy a few weeks ago, and the rest is history!
I recommend buying quality Parmesan cheese and grate it at home by hand or in the blender, it works pretty well. You can also buy grated Parmesan cheese.
As for the almond flour – I usually buy bleached almonds and grind then on the go, when I am in need of almond flour. I use the blender for grinding. You can shortcut the process buy using store bought almond flour, both ways are legit.
How to make
I start by putting the grated Parmesan cheese in a bowl. I add the almond and coconut flours using a strainer in order to avoid lumps. If you don’t want to use a strainer you can use your hands and mix the blend well. once blended, the egg and olive oil go inside too.
Now we place the dough in between two parchment paper sheets and flatten the dough with a rolling pin. For a very crispy result, make the crackers very thin – around a quarter or a half of a centimetre. This will also speed the baking time. Only thing left is to put the dough in a preheated oven and bake shortly.
Final touch ups!
The crackers will still be soft when you take them out, but don’t worry they will stiffen when they cool. cutting them evenly is good to do while they are still warm and soft. I used a pizza knife but a regular knife will work great too!
All that is left now is too snack. I highly recommend to try them with my Keto sunflower seeds spread or my vegan fast and easy garlic spread! I hope you enjoy them as much as me and my friends did. Yes! it answered their high standards!
Keto Parmesan Crackers – Easy Low Carb Recipe
- 120 g grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ cup almond flour or ground bleached almonds
- 1 tbsp coconut flour optional
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Place the grated Parmesan cheese in a bowl. Add the almond flour and coconut flour, preferably, using a strainer to avoid lumps.
- In a different bowl, mix the egg and the olive oil.
- Add the egg and olive oil with the flours and cheese and mix well, until a dough is firmed.
- Place the dough between two baking sheets and flatten the dough using a rolling pin, until a thin layer, about ¼- ½ cm height, is created.
- Remove the top baking sheet and place the dough in the oven for 10-15 minutes, depending on your oven strength. When the crackers become a bit golden they are ready. They will still be soft because of the heat but they will harden when they cool.
- If you want to cut the crackers evenly – do it while they are still hot and soft. Pizza slicer is my favorite option.
- Preheat the oven to 170° (340 Fahrenheit).